Rewind Hangover Prevention spent four years in development and testing. Everything from the ease of use, taste tests, and overall effectiveness of preventing hangovers has been researched and thought about to ensure that the product is the best it could be.
THE SCIENCE BEHIND HANGOVERS:
When alcohol enters the digestive tract, it encounters an enzyme called dehydrogenase. This enzyme metabolizes the alcohol into acetaldehyde. When a moderate amount of alcohol is consumed, acetaldehyde is converted into a harmless compound called acetic acid. However, when an excess amount of alcohol is consumed, the nutrients required for the conversion to acetic acid are depleted, and acetaldehyde stays in the system and wreaks havoc on the body, causing the hangover symptoms.
Acetaldehyde drains your body of antioxidants, B vitamins, and other vital nutrients. The results are dehydration, plummeting blood sugar levels, nutrient deficiencies and cellular damage to vital organs, such as the liver.
Rewind uses a combination of ingredients to help your body metabolize the alcohol, and stop the negative conversion process that would normally take place.
WHAT’S IN REWIND
Rewind is listed as a nutritional supplement, and therefore is not regulated by the FDA. However, Rewind has been tested to be completely safe and has no known side effects. All of the ingredients used in Rewind are on the FDA's GRAS list, and every bottle of Rewind is manufactured at an FDA approved facility.
Some ingredient lists can be confusing, but we know everything in Rewind is there for a purpose. So here is a list of our ingredients and why they are found in Rewind Hangover Prevention.
• Purified Water – Rewind is made with de-ionized water to create a pure base for the other natural ingredients involved.
• Xylitol – Xylitol has been used in foods since the 1960’s and is widely recognized as the best sweetener for teeth. This ingredient is important to Rewind since it is ingested orally.
• Sorbitol – A sweetener used most often in diet foods, it is also used a humectant. A humectant is a substance that promotes the retention of moisture. This ingredient gives Rewind Hangover Prevention natural hydration properties.
• Vitamin C – An essential nutrient that helps the immune system fight off foreign invaders and tumor cells. Research shows that it even serves as a natural aspirin, of sorts, by combating inflammation and pain. Pain and muscle weaknesses are common hangover symptoms.
• Fructose – A simple sugar and also a carbohydrate, which is used by the body as a source of energy. Carbohydrates, including sugar, also play key roles in muscle function, growth and regulation of body temperature. This ingredient, combined with the others, helps the body’s natural cell repair.
• Shitake Mushroom Extract – Shiitake mushrooms contain eight essential amino acids. This mushroom has long been promoted because of its benefits for the immune system and preventative measures against gastrointestinal distress, liver disease and circulatory problems.
• Citric Acid – Gives Rewind a hint of tartness.
• Vitamin B6 – Assists in the balancing of sodium and potassium, which play a role in the hydration process. Vitamin B6 also promotes red blood cell production.
• Vitamin B12 – Promotes metabolism in the body and helps with energy production.
• Copper Sulfate – The "active ingredient" that is central to Rewind Hangover Prevention. The copper and hydrogen combination provide an essential nutrient for the body's natural cell repair.
• Grape Seed Extract – Added for taste.